- Responsible for the quality assurance of documents created by the drafter throughout the drafting process on assigned projects, ensuring compliance with contract documents, project specifications, engineering requirements, and SSE standard operating procedures.
- Assists in preparation, monitoring, and maintaining time estimates and schedules of individual projects.
- Assists in improving departmental efficiency and improvement and provides coaching and guidance to technicians.
- Works closely with engineering and production staff to address production concerns.
- Performs senior-level drafting if necessitated by workload.
- Interacts with many people internally and externally to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Completes tasks independently and with a team.
- Coordinates with department as non-conformances occur to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Monitors the general drafting workflow on assigned projects for adherence to standard operating procedure and schedule tracking.
- Completes special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
- Checks erection drawings for dimensional accuracy to construction documents as well as for accurate quantities and general conformance to specifications, application of project details, standard operating procedures, and engineering requirements.
- Approves finalized erection drawings and ensures finalized drawings are provided to Project Engineer/Team Lead.
- Checks pour tickets for accuracy to erection drawings,formatting, and clarity.
- Reviews, publishes, and submits all pour tickets and material orders from outsourced drafting firms.
- Checks shop cards and plate details.
- Checks early material take-offs for procurement, as well as production material sheets and final order quantities.
- Performs erection material take-offs.
- Visualizes details within the production/erection process.
- Reads and understands construction drawings, specifications,and shop drawings.
- Understands and accepts changes that are implemented to become best in class.
- Applies general geometry and trigonometry skills.
- Receives close supervision from a Team Lead on all aspects of the project.
- Possesses ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with discipline personnel and office staff; must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills to work in a team setting, as well as in 1-on-1 environment.
- Ability to speak and understand English language fluently.
- Experience: 5+ years.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in structural precast drafting.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience checking structural precast drawings.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree in Design, Computer Aided Drafting or Occupational Proficiency Diploma related degree preferred but not required.
- Must be physically able to conduct field inspections and testing as assigned.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have as atisfactory driving record.
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401(k) with Matching Funds
- Discretionary Bonuses
- Medical/Dental/Life/Disability Insurances
Office environment; field environment; construction site environment; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions when conducting field inspections and investigations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position may require extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, and/or walking. Must be able to frequently move about and position self appropriately to complete role responsibilities. Position may require frequently lifting and/or carrying up to 20 pounds with occasional lifting and/or carrying of up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.