- Designs and prepares production and small-scale erection drawings utilizing standard practices, engineering, and project-specific requirements.
- Designs and prepares electronic working plans,charts, and/or scale drawings for complex projects from observation,measurements, sketches, and specifications.
- Prepares layouts, charts, detailed scale drawings,and material and equipment requirements from sketches, specifications, and standard layouts provided by customers, consultants, and/or departmental contacts.
- Maintains project flow, following target dates as established by the Team Lead.
- Maintains job files; ensuring documentation exists to protect SSE’s interests and ensure job success.
- Utilizes, develops, and maintains departmental standards and practices.
- Communicates effectively to facilitate a superior project outcome.
- Studies and comprehends engineer notes, charts, and markups and correctly conveys them in shop drawings.
- Coordinates with all members of drafting team to make sure schedules are met.
- Develops and generates CAD drawings; verifying all designs meet structural quality and design standards.
- Follows guidelines and standards as set by SSE.
- Participates in project and design meetings and informs Team Lead of project needs.
- Maintains information/drawings via electronic file management.
- Uses problem solving skills to generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
- Uses multi-tasking skills to prioritize multiple concurrent projects.
- Visualizes details within the production/erection process.
- Reads and understands construction drawings,specifications, and shop drawings.
- Understands and accepts changes that are implemented to become best in class.
- Applies general geometry and trigonometry skills.
- Possesses strong detail-oriented skills that are needed in the design and production of precast concrete.
- Receives close supervision from a Team Lead on all aspects of the project.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with discipline personnel and office staff; must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills to work in a team setting, as well as in 1-on-1 environment.
- Ability to speak and understand English language fluently.
- Experience: 2+ years.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in structural precast drafting.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience using Auto CAD.
- One (1) year previous experience working in an Architectural/Structural drafting or design-build drafting environment preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associates Degree in Design or Computer Aided Drafting degree preferred but not required.
- Must be physically able to conduct field inspections and testing as assigned.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401(k) with Matching Funds
- Discretionary Bonuses
- Medical/Dental/Life/Disability Insurances
Office environment; field environment; construction site environment; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions when conducting field inspections and investigations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position may require extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, and/or walking. Must be able to frequently move about and position self appropriately to complete role responsibilities. Position may require frequently lifting and/or carrying up to 20 pounds with occasional lifting and/or carrying of up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.