- Ensures the efficient, profitability, and on-time delivery of projects leading to high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Applies broad knowledge of principles and practices in a specific practice area.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Acquires general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields and ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Works on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
- Ensures clean and comprehensive designs that comply with current technical standards and regulations.
- Accurately produces solutions for clients by applying knowledge and experience through confidence and ability.
- Designs a complete project, system, component, or process.
- Prepares complete project documents.
- Designs and conducts experiments and analyzes and interprets data.
- Formulates and solves problems.
- Assists with structural engineering on projects of all sizes and works on several projects concurrently.
- Works in a manner to ensure personal safety, and that of fellow employees, by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
- Provides professional and personal development based on humility and trust with a high expectation of hard work and two-way communication.
- Assigns tasks to and directs engineers, technicians, and administrative staff.
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of the engineering work.
- Prepares scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Assists with proposals to provide professional services to obtain funding for engineering projects and programs.
- Receives general direction on key objectives.
- Receives guidance when necessary on unconventional or complex problems, direction unmodified techniques, and new approaches on assignments with conflicting criteria.
- Clearly communicates in an engaging, emotional intelligent, and timely manner to ensure positive client and team outcomes.
- Ensures a professional client relationship to earn and maintain trust and increase long-term value.
- Interacts with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and other contacts of the organization.
- Attends project meetings and present specific aspect of engineering assignments.
- Experience: 4+ years.
- License or Certificate: Professional Engineer.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
- Professional Activities: Member of professional organization, chair of local related organization.
- Community Activities: Organizes and leads community service programs.
- Must be physically able to conduct field inspections and testing as assigned.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401(k) with Matching Funds
- Discretionary Bonuses
- Medical/Dental/Life/Disability Insurances
Office environment; field environment; construction site environment; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, heat, cold, and inclement weather conditions when conducting field inspections and investigations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position may require extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, and/or walking. Must be able to frequently move about and position self appropriately to complete role responsibilities. Position may require frequently lifting and/or carrying up to 20 pounds with occasional lifting and/or carrying of up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.